Terms of Service
TL;DR — All the terms you agree on when you use the RAMPANTASIAN website and any associated products.
Last updated July 31, 2022
With RAMPANTASIAN, a private brand owned by Connie (“Brand”, “I”, or “me”), I provide www.rampantasian.com (“Website”) and Products (collectively, “Services”), at a standard in which these Services operate, subject to your compliance with all the terms in this document (the “Terms of Service” or the “Agreement”).
When I say “You” or “your”, I am referring to the people who interact with any RAMPANTASIAN Services.
I may update these Terms of Service in the future. Any changes will be noted at the bottom of this document. Typically these changes will clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded related policy. Whenever I make a significant change to these terms, I’ll also announce them on the Website.
When you use my Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any existing and future RAMPANTASIAN Services and all features that I add over time. There may be times where I do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, I am not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of my liability.
If you have questions regarding this Agreement or about RAMPANTASIAN Services, please contact me by email at email@example.com.
Acceptance of Terms
By using the Services or accessing the Website, you agree to the Terms of Service. If you do not agree, do not use the Services. Certain parts of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by me from time to time; your use of such Service is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
Use, Security, and Privacy
Your use of RAMPANTASIAN Services is at your sole risk. I provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
I use third party tools and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. Below are the tools used to provide you with the Services and their related privacy policies:
- Webflow: For hosting the Website and its contents.
- Substack: For sending and hosting newsletter emails.
- Ko-Fi: For facilitating supporter payments.
Copyright and Content Ownership
All materials and all Intellectual Property Rights, including text and graphics (“Content”) on the Service and all Intellectual Property Rights, unless otherwise noted, are owned by or licensed to me and my licensors are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights and laws. That means you may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the website without express written permission from Connie.
You must request permission to use the Brand’s logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to use any images or logos. I reserve the right to rescind this permission if you violate these Terms of Service.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by me.
You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law. To submit a copyright infringement claim, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed. If there are multiple, please share a representative list of those works.
- A way for me to locate the material you believe is infringing the copyrighted work.
- Your name and contact information so that I can get back to you. Email address is preferred but a telephone number or mailing address works too.
- A statement that you, in good faith, believe that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) Counter-notifications
On the flip-side, if you believe your material has been removed in error, you can file a written counter-notification. Please include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature, or the signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf.
- A description of the material that was removed.
- A description of where the material appeared in RAMPANTASIAN products prior to their removal.
- Your name and contact information so that we can get back to you. Email address is preferred but a telephone number or mailing address works too.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, in the State of New Jersey (where I am located).
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the original DMCA notice or an agent of that person. (In other words, you’ve designated that person to receive documents on your behalf.)
Where to Send Notices
You can notify me of either copyright infringement claims or DCMA counter-notifications through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of the Services
Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
You may not:
- use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any manual process to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Service or any Content or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Service
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Service or any Content, or any systems or networks connected to the Service, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other illegitimate means
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or any Content, or any system or network connected to the Service
- transmit spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email
- take any action that imposes, or may impose at my sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, conduct fraud, hide, or attempt to hide your identity
- disclose any information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others, including their personally identifiable information)
- use any device, software, or process to interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the proper working of the Service or any Content, or any systems or networks connected to the Service, or with any other person’s use of the Service
- conduct, engage in or otherwise process End User information or data to analyze individuals or groups of natural persons for unlawful or discriminatory purposes, or
- use the Service or any Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the Terms of Service.
Any unauthorized use of the Service or any Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Features, Bugs, and Typos
I make no guarantees that my Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations. My Services may have some bugs or typos, some of which originate from the use of third party tools and therefore may not be within my ability to fix. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and I don't guarantee completely error-free Services.